Friday 13 July 2012

Alyssa Minnick
Hydrophobic: Repelling water. (like fatty acid tails) meaning they hate water, and they are not polar.
This is a picture of my cat Katelyn. Like the fatty acid tails which are hydrophobic, she repels water as well.
Eukaryote: An organism consisting of a cell or cells in which the genetic material is DNA in the form of chromosomes contained within a distinct nucleus.
I'm an example of a eukaryote.
Analogous structures: a body part in two or more species that performs a similar function but has a different structure.
Such as my arm, and my dog's arm. They both perform similar tasks.

Amniotic Egg: An egg that contains a thin membrane that forms a closed sac with an embryo or fetus of a reptile, bird, or mammal. The sac also contain amniotic fluid.
This picture is of a bird egg that I found laying on my porch. Unfortunately, the egg was abandon by the mother and was unable to hatch. This is also another example of survival of the fittest.
Lichen: A simple plant consisting of a fungus.
This shows a tree with lichen growing on it.


 


2 comments:

  1. Your cat is cute! Is it a robin's egg on your porch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, and yes, there was a nest that was in the gutter of my house and when we got the bad storm is when the mother left the eggs. I noticed other birds picking at the nest, and one of the eggs fell onto the landing. I do believe the black part in the egg was the baby bird.

    ReplyDelete